MommyDesiree
In case you are wondering our summer school plan was a huge success. So much so that I got lost in reality...LOL....but of all the places to find yourself lost, I personally can't think of a better one then in the moment.


This week was the beginning of a few things. First we transitioned to full week schedule, and second we started Before Five in a Row with Abby. Both are going great. So great in fact that when AJ was talking to his public school friends about school starting for them this week he said he really likes home school 'cause he gets to do fun stuff like narrations. For me, a CM mama, nothing could have sounded sweeter. I think the fact that we had all summer to get acquainted with this new way of learning was perfect.

That's where the trickle down effect comes in. Abby is in love with the idea of school. She tries to do narrations, and she has her own copywork and nature notebooks. So when I started doing BFIAR with her this week she was ecstatic.

We are rowing Jesse Bear, What do you wear? by Nancy White Carlstrom. It's so cute. yesterday I made her her own Jesse Bear and thanks to auntie Joan I had fabric laying around that I used to cut out some clothes for him. She played with it all afternoon!

Oh yes the love of learning is trickling down but why shouldn't it? Like Charlotte says:

"Children never get tired of finding out, in their own way, about new things. This is just the kind of thing they hunger for because that's what their minds need to grow on."
-Charlotte Mason, Home education in Modern English. (click here to read her for yourself!)
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Joan Says:

    Good to "see" you here. I've missed you. :)
    YAY for homeschooling! I wouldn't have it any other way.


  2. wedogmomma Says:

    Hey I KNOW that suit!
    What a blessing that all is well in the HS realm...and yes, to have him speak fondly of learning when he 'knows' both methods...well that's a HUGE gift!
    YAY!